Bring Radical Generosity to The Comoros!
We are looking for community leaders in The Comoros!
Are you based in The Comoros?
Although you don't have to necessarily reside in the country, we would rather someone on the ground. It's better if you live in the country, but it is not a condition! It also always helps to be able to be on the ground raising awareness of the importance giving hand-in-hand with local customs, tradition and religion. We'd love to hear from you about your plans and ideas in promoting generosity in your country!
The Comoros 🇰🇲
What is GivingTuesday?GivingTuesday is a global movement that inspires generosity and connects people to the causes they care about.
On GivingTuesday, people everywhere are encouraged to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
What is a GivingTuesday Community?A GivingTuesday Community is formed when people from a common geography, cause, or identity come together to make a difference in the lives of others in their communities. They find creative ways to mobilize networks, host volunteer events, rally awareness for causes, and raise funds for their local nonprofits – sparking waves of kindness and inspiring change.
GivingTuesday Community leaders engage stakeholders and partners across sectors to inspire their entire community to use their power of radical generosity to build the world we all want to live in.
The movement does not require to be registered as an non-government organization as it could be an online campaign instead; either way, we leave it up to you.
What do Country Leaders do?
Creating and leading a GivingTuesday Community movement is rewarding and fun. Below are the six basic planning steps to bringing GivingTuesday to your community.
- Plan: Develop your vision, goals and strategy for growing generosity in your community
- Announce: Reach out to your network to help you spread the word about your local GivingTuesday movement and ways to get involved
- Recruit participants: Rally your friends and colleagues, reach out to your college/school alumni network, local businesses, nonprofits, and retail stores
- Spread the word: Use a variety of tactics from social media, targeted outreach, ad buys, traditional media, and partnerships to build awareness
- Organize events: Organize ways for your community to show their generosity and give back to the community. We have so many ideas to share with you from around the World.
- Learn: Track outcomes, and analyze the results, and learn from other leaders about what works in driving more generosity.
Our team is here to support you along the way to help you plan your movement and to connect you with other GivingTuesday leaders.
Who can lead a Community?
We believe that local challenges are best solved by local leaders on the ground. Anyone can become a GivingTuesday Community leader, so long as you are passionate about seeing positive change in your community, and are equipped and willing to engage stakeholders across sectors (business, nonprofits, civil society, etc.) to partner with you in creating that change.
As a GivingTuesday leader, you will inspire your community – whether that’s your neighborhood, town, city, suburb, nation, or even your garden club – to use their power of radical generosity to create a world built with compassion, equity, justice, and generosity.
Country Leader benefits?
- Network building: The opportunity to collaborate with a network of like-minded leaders to discuss challenges and opportunities
- Movement-building coaching: We’ll share the global learning from the last decade that has made GivingTuesday one of the fastest-growing social movements
- Tools and resources for you to share with your network + partners
- Facilitate peer learning: Workshops & webinars for your community members to learn from our movement builders
- Marketing collateral: Content for your newsletter, blog, and social media channels
- First access to GivingTuesday’s Data Commons research
- Exclusive invitation to GivingTuesday’s summits + conferences
- Lead, inspire, change: The opportunity to lead a movement that’s transforming society through radical generosity
Ready to Lead Your Local Movement?
Contact us and tell us a little bit about yourself and your vision for using radical generosity to create change in your country! We’ll invite you to our next onboarding meeting and get you started with tools, hosting and resources to grow GivingTuesday in the Arab World.
GivingTuesday Arab World